The Greens have always said that policy is what matters.
Here is what Jeanette and Rod have negotiated in return for abstaining on confidence and supply.
- Build increased capacity for public transport
- Increase the number of students eligible for student allowances by increasing parental income thresholds
- Further reduce levels of child poverty
- Increase Overseas Development Assistance in the next three budgets beyond that currently forecast.
- Enhance organics advisory services.
- Increase the minimum wage to $12 an hour by the end of 2008
- Firm up the area of GE-free production
- Maintain a dialogue around peacemaking
- Retain the Maori seats for as long as Maori want them.
- Intensive habitat management to restore populations of endangered species
Jeanette will be the Government spokesperson on energy efficiency and solar programmes and Rod the spokesperson on Buy Kiwi Made.
What do you reckon?