Subscribe via emailLoading...
- Israel-Palestine Round 2014: Mutual Assured Destruction not the correct recipe
- “Reckless” Abbott loses on carbon tax
- TDB – More mining our protected places
- National’s last term, a review of domestic and sexual violence in numbers
- Animal cruelty systemic in factory farming
- Public funding for schools, and donations
- Climate Change and Storms
- Govt backs Green plan for a second internet cable
- Christchurch cycleways heading in the right direction
- Holly Walker to step down from party list
- Whakatane waste minimisation
- Tukituki Plan decision bad news for Government’s weak water quality rules
- wichard (5:38 pm): point taken Sue about the import of animals. Just to clarify, I have been a...
- small thing (4:10 pm): Maybe the future nz govt should declare this country to be neutral in...
- MAC (2:02 pm): The matter requires some balanced discussion. I would have liked to have seen the...
- Mr Green (1:25 pm): Every time you open your fridge for a drink of milk or eat veges you are...
- Lois Griffiths (11:37 am): Tony Abbot and his Canadian counterpart Stephen Harper are both...
- Gerrit (7:56 am): BJ, You really dont understand the underlying problem at all. We don’t have to...
- John W (10:24 pm): Abbott is out of step with Australian opinion but cow tails to some business...
- John W (9:53 pm): It is not green to use fertiliser nor strip the seabed. Both short term...
- Mr Green (8:51 pm): Well, Gareth has totally dropped the ball. What a fantastic opportunity it...
- Brian Turner (5:37 pm): Once more Kennedy speaks the truth, in other words what the majority in...
Posts by author
TagsACC Auckland australia Catherine Delahunty China christchurch climate change coal conservation cycling dairy David Clendon democracy economy Education Emissions Trading Scheme energy environment ETS farming Food Gareth Hughes general debate global warming health human rights Jeanette Fitzsimons john key Keith Locke Kevin Hague Metiria Turei mining national national party Nick Smith oil Parliament Paula Bennett peak oil politics public transport Russel Norman Sue Kedgley transport water
- A Bee of a Certain Age
- Auckland Trains
- Auckland Transport Blog
- Bowalley Road
- Cactus Kate
- Capitalism bad, Tree pretty
- envirohistory NZ
- Fare-Free New Zealand
- Fighting Talk
- Finally, A Feminism 101 Blog
- Frankly Speaking
- Gordon Campbell
- Hot Topic
- Ideologically Impure
- Imperator Fish
- Janlogie's blog
- Just Left
- Keith Locke's blog
- Kennedy Graham
- Life and Politics
- Local Bodies
- Make Wealth History
- Mars 2 Earth
- Maui Street
- No Right Turn
- Open Parachute
- Public Address
- put 'em all on an island
- Reading the Maps
- Real Climate
- Red Alert
- Robert Guyton
- Socialist Aotearoa
- The Campaign for Better Transport
- The Daily Blog
- The Dim Post
- The dullest blog in the world
- The Hand Mirror
- The Jackal
- The Oil Drum
- The Standard
- Truth Seeker
- well sharp
- Worldwatch Institute
taranaki regional council Archive
Fracking and the Taranaki Regional Council - by Russel Norman
Fracking is the hydraulic fracturing of geological formations to release hydrocarbons. It has some very serious potential environmental impacts, of which groundwater contamination is the lead problem. This is why there is a moratorium on fracking in many places around the world at the moment, including NSW, Quebec, parts of USA, and France. Groundwater contamination occurs because […] read moreAugust 16, 2011 1:16 pm - 66 Comments