Tired of the conventional list of dubious political achievements? Join me in constructing your own from an openly biased rather than faux-neutral list of successes.
1, Big ups to Jan Logie and Lee Rhiannon (Aussie Green MP) for confronting the Sri Lankan Government on human rights the week before CHOGM in Sri Lanka!
2. Congratulations to the Maori Party and the Government for finally passing the law that apologised comprehensively to the Mokomoko whanau for murdering their tupuna and destroying his reputation.
3. Many thanks to Hone and Hilda Harawira for attending the Mandela funeral and representing those of us who remember exactly where we stood in 1981
4. Accolades to Denise Roche and the Greens, Brendan Horan and Labour MPs who stayed up with the Parliamentary night cleaners to highlight their shameful low wages (thanks to the cleaners for putting up with us)
5. Much respect to all MPs who dared to mention the importance of the environment and climate change in the House in 2013; the list of names is far too short!
6. Total admiration to Mojo Mathers for pioneering accessibility for Deaf MPs and championing animal welfare in Parliament; just one of those tasks deserves a medal
7. Tautoko Metiria Turei for her powerful TEDx talk on children, their agency and visions
8. Thank you to the cross-party MP team who worked with Louisa Wall to get marriage equality – especially Kevin Hague and Tau Henare
9. Thanks to the Speaker for refusing permission for Benny Wenda from West Papua to speak in Parliament and helping me to highlight the campaign for West Papuan human rights and self determination
10. Well done Russel Norman for suggesting we build a coalition for a referendum on asset sales and leading this campaign from the front!