There are protests being organised nationwide this Saturday against John Key’s Government’s proposed asset sales:
- AUCKLAND 2pm at Britomart, Queen Street, Auckland Central
- HOKIANGA 12pm at the Town Hall Square, Rawene
- HAMILTON 10am until 12 noon at the Corner of Te Rapa Road & Avalon Drive, Hamilton
- TAURANGA 10am at Red Square, Tauranga City Centre
- NAPIER 2pm at the beach end of Clive Square, Napier
- TARANAKI 12pm at Huatoki Plaza, Devon Street West, New Plymouth
- WHANGANUI 10am at Pakaitore (Moutua Gardens), Whanganui
- PALMERSTON NORTH 2pm at the Square, Palmerston North
- WELLINGTON 2pm, Cuba Street by the Bucket Fountain
- NELSON 11am on Trafalgar Street opposite ‘Farmers’, Nelson
- CHRISTCHURCH 2pm at the corner of Deans Ave & Riccarton Rd, Christchurch City
- DUNEDIN 11am at the Octagon, Dunedin City Centre
Here’s hoping for a fine day and good turnouts to help make the Government rethink their economically, environmentally and socially daft asset sales policy.
Meanwhile, the Keep Our Assets petition campaign to force a Citizens Initiated Referendum on the partial privatisation of the state assets rolls on. If you are not already collecting signatures you can register as an Asset Keeper to collect signatures here, or simply download the petition form here.